Adewale Ayuba Biography Net Worth, Age, Songs & Album
- Adewale Ayuba, born on 6 May 1966, commonly known as Mr. Johnson, is a Nigerian singer known for singing Fuji music. The artist who started his music career at the young stage of his life.
|Birth name||Adewale Ayuba|
|Also known as||Mr. Johnson|
|Born||6 May 1966|
Ikenne, Ogun State, Nigeria
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, drummer, dancer, writer, artist, actor|
Adewale Ayuba Early Life
- Adewale Ayuba, popularly is known as Ayuba, Mr. Johnson, and the Bonsue-fuji maestro, was born on 6 May 1966 in Ikenne Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria. He grew up as a child singer, and by the age of eight he had started singing at local musical competitions and fiestas in Ikenne. This led to him pursuing music as a career after his secondary school education at Remo Secondary School, Sagamu, Ogun State.
- Although he had gained admission to study Architecture at the Ogun State Polytechnic in Abeokuta, his music career took center stage. To carve a niche for himself, he released his first album Ibere (Beginning) at the age of 17 and as a result he rose rapidly in the Fuji music scene. In early 1990, Ayuba signed with Sony Music (Nigerian) to record an album, Bubble, which was released in 1991 and brought Ayuba into international prominence. Bubble marked the first time in history that a Fuji Music album gained widespread recognition, topping music charts for six consecutive months and winning multiple awards at the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA). It also won Ayuba the coveted Artiste of the Year Awards, including the Album of the Year Award, Song of the Year Award, and Best Fuji Album of the Year Award—four in all. With the success of Bubble, Ayuba hit the pinnacle of his career in Nigeria.
- Ayuba’s high-tech instrumentation and distinct voice changed the face of Fuji Music. For the first time in History, the Nigerian Elite, who until then had ignored Fuji Music, embraced it. After the success of Bubble, Ayuba released a follow-up album, Mr. Johnson Play For Me (also on the Sony Music Nigeria label), which also became an instant success in 1992. In 1993, Ayuba was signed to Premier Music (Nigeria) before embarking on his first West Africa coast tour, performing in several African countries. The success of this tour led to his first US tour, also in 1993, during which Ayuba performed in over ten states. He also successfully performed at the world-renowned New Orleans Jazz Festival. In addition, he was awarded the Key to the City of Providence, Rhode Island by its mayor after two successful concerts there.
- Ayuba was awarded the Millennium Voice of Nigerian Music (home and abroad) in Düsseldorf, (Germany) by Pan-Yoruba Group, Omo Oduduwa Association, in recognition of his valuable contributions to the growth of the music industry. In 2004, Ayuba released Ijo Fuji (Fuji Dance) in Nigeria, and was also given the Entertainer of the Year Award by the Nigerian American Community Association in the same year. Ijo Fuji won the Best Fuji Album of the Year Award at the Awards for Musical Excellence in Nigeria in July 2005.
- In 2004, the Ikenne Development Association in Chicago gave him its Ogo-irawo award in recognition of his contribution to the development of Ikenne Remo, his birthplace. Ayuba’s album, Mellow, which became a success after release, won the Best Fuji Vocal Performance at the (AMEN) 2007 Awards, which topped Nigeria’s contemporary African charts. Ayuba also holds a Doctorate of Arts in Music at Bradley University.
Adewale Ayuba Music Career
- Ayuba began singing as a child. His father was an amateur singer but reinforced the value of education, making his son agree to focus on his education during the week and allowing him to practice his music on Saturday.
- Since signing his first record deal in the 1980s, he has released 15 albums in Nigeria and four internationally.
Adewale Ayuba Family
- Ayuba is the last child of his parents, and he is married with seven children. Ayuba met his wife Azukaego Kwentoh at a cafeteria in Queens Borough Community College where he studied, and they got married in 1989. Kwentoh is from Onitsha-Oke, Anambra State in southeastern Nigeria.
Adewale Ayuba Net Worth
As we know Adewale Ayuba is among the top richest fuji musician in Nigeria, Ayuba started his Fuji career in 1983 but it wasn’t until 1986 that he released his first album titled ‘Ibere’ at the age of 17 and his current Net Worth is N400M
Source: Adewale Ayuba Biography