Victor Olaiya Biography: Age, Music Career, Life Time etc.
Victor Olaiya Biography & Death
Victor Abimbola Olaiya OON, also known as Dr. Victor Olaiya, was a Nigerian trumpeter who played in the highlife style. Though famous in Nigeria during the 1950s and early 1960s, Olaiya received little recognition outside his native country.
Basic Information About Victor Olaiya
- Name: Victor Abimbola Olaiya
- Date of birth: 31 December 1930 – 12 February 2020
- State of Origin: Ijesha-Ishu, Ekiti State
- Place of Birth: Calabar, Cross River State
- Career: Highlife Singer, Trumpeter & Songwriter
- Networth: *unavailable*
- Nickname: Victor Olaiya
Victor Olaiya Music.
Olaiya’s music bridges between Ghanaian highlife and what would become Afrobeat.
His musical style was influenced by James Brown, with horn parts harmonized in Brown’s style, as opposed to the mostly unison lines of Afrobeat. The music includes the swinging percussion of Tony Allen, but not the syncopated style that Allen later pioneered.
Fatai Rolling Dollar Biography: Age, Music Career, Family
Olaiya released an album with Ghanaian highlife musician E. T. Mensah. Both the drummer Tony Allen and vocalist Fela Kuti played with Olaiya and went on to achieve individual success.
Victor Olaiya Family
Olaiya was born on 31 December 1930, in Calabar, Cross River State, the 20th child of a family of 24. His parents, Alfred Omolona Olaiya and Bathsheba Owolabi Motajo, came from Ijesha-Ishu in Ekiti State.
Olaiya came from a very rich family. His father’s house, Ilọijọs Bar, stood at 2 Bamgbose Street, Lagos Island until it was demolished in September 2016.
Victor Olaiya Songs & Albums
- Olaiya’s Victories (1961)
- All Stars Soul International (1970)
- Highlife Giants of Africa (1982)
- In the Sixties (1982)
- Highlife Re-Incarnation (1984)
- Papingo davalaya (1986)
- Afro-Rhythm Parade Vol. 2
- Afro-Rhythm Parade Vol. 7
- Country Hard O!
- and many more
Source: About Victor Olaiya